CAPTIVITY vs LIBERTY


Dear Friends,

How has been the 2nd half of the year? I have been on a roller coaster experience and I am finding the challenge worthwhile. Also, I have been seeing great testimonies this year and I know I would share my good news with you soon.

I was on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi some days ago and I saw some prisoners in Black Maria heading to the law court for different verdicts respectively. I saw them trying to peep through the vent to catch a glimpse of what was happening on the street. Still in the same vehicle, I was hearing one of them praying while other responded, “Amen!”


We all understand captivity; we know it is incarceration, imprisonment, custody or detention. That means any impediment that keeps one from pursuing his desired goals in life is a form of captivity. 
There are different forms of captivity which would not be exhausted in this discourse- a slave is in captivity, a prisoner is in captivity, a delinquent teen in a remand home is in captivity etc.

Those at liberty are free to move at will. A free person is the one who is not suffering from any form 
of incarceration as a free-born, a law-abiding citizen etc.

I won’t dwell so much on today’s discussion because the lesson in it for us are questions, what are you doing with you freedom? Are you maximizing your potentials through it? Are you not on the verge of doing something wrong that can turn your liberty to captivity? The line that separates the two statuses is very tiny, don’t break it!

Have a liberty filled week.


Olu

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,