THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN UPHOLDING MY HERITAGE- TOEIN- A US BASED NIGERIAN GOSPEL ARTISTE

 Toyin Ogunniyi is a girl born of Nigerian parentage and she grew up and schooled in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital before relocating to the United States of America in the early 2000s. She has been doing great as a Gospel artiste. Our journalist, had a discussion with her recently- herein is the excerpt below-

Can I meet Toyin?
My name is Toyin Ogunniyi, I'm from Ogun state Nigeria. But my husband is from Osun State. I'm happily married and God blessed us with 2 lovely kids. I have a degree in microbiology and I'm presently pursing another degree in nursing. My stage name is Toein

How did you come across your stage name-Toein?
Toein my stage name was adopted when I was a teenager. Toein is just a funky spelling of how my name sounded and it has been part of me for a very long time.

How long have you been singing? 
I have been singing since I was a little kid. I only took interest in recording in 2002 and it's been an awesome experience.

Did your parents raise any eyebrow about you going in the music ministry? 
Not at all. They were happy about it and they gave me all the necessary support.



Who are your mentors?
My mentors are Cece Winans Isreal Hougston Darlene Zeche  Kenny Kore Lily Odesola

Now that you are not in Africa, do you intend to introduce your international audience to Yoruba gospel songs? 
Of course. There is nothing like upholding your heritage. I'm working on something presently and I'm sure everyone will love it.

How do you combine work, music ministry and your family? 
I can only say it's being God. It has not been an easy journey, but when you have God and he called you to it, he ll surely see you through it. That's my testimony.

How many singles do you have at the moment? 
Five singles and I hope to produce an album very soon!

What is your opinion about this assertion that gospel music of today does not have the same level of inspiration like that of some generations ago?
Big question..... The issue is the genuine love for God has waxed cold in this present generation. And it's what you have in that will manifest outside. I pray God restores our first love for him so we can do wonders too in this present time.

What do you have to say to your fans?
Live for God and God alone, no matter what is going on around you. Do not be distracted by all that the devil has made available in this so called jet age and miss heaven. No matter how unreal it sounds Jesus is coming soon, do not be caught unaware. God bless you.

                                                       Listen to Grace by Toein

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,