VIEWING THE TRANSFORMATION OF PORT-HARCOURT

It was an opportunity to go on official rendezvous to the Garden-City, as Port-Harcourt is called. I was glad going there again after 6 years. From my previous experience of the town, I saw visible developmental changes. The landmarks made me feel safe.
 I was told of the strides by the Rotimi Amaechi led administration and it’s visible. He had widened many roads in such a way that I could not identify the junctions. My joy is that I can remember the names of these areas.

In order not to bore you with stories, this is the picture of the school;




This government has taken off the stress on the shoulders of old students association always attempting to revamp their school structures. It is not just model schools that can rival private schools but making other states see the model that can be emulated.
One of my chauffeurs within town informed me that the hospitals in the town have been upgraded as well. In his words, “merely looking at the buildings, you will want to be sick.” This is a step in the right direction of stemming the tide of medical tourism and providing basic amenities for the populace.
The second picture might not give us the required view to appreciate the extent of the work done but one can juxtapose the age of the school and the structure. This government has taken off the stress on the shoulders of old students association always attempting to revamp their school structures. It is not just model schools that can rival private schools but making other states see the model that can be emulated.
One of my chauffeurs within town informed me that the hospitals in the town had been upgraded as well. In his words, “merely looking at the buildings, you will want to be sick.” This is a step in the right direction of stemming the tide of medical tourism and providing basic amenities for the populace.

However, my utmost disappointment is towards the airport road, there is the route to Rumuokoro which is motor-able but there is a straight road into East-West road towards Choba which houses the University of Port Harcourt, NTA etc. This is an abandoned road. I am sure there would be a level of justification by the government of the day for leaving the road in that devastated state. It is a challenge to the present administration to make travelers happy as they commute to their destination after arriving at the International airport at Omagwa.  These last set of pictures tell it all.







Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,